6 ADVICES FOR MOTOR OIL REPLACEMENT IN THE CAR
Everything must be done on time… This can be also said about motor oil replacement.
We unlock the secrets of motor oil replacement
1. Read carefully the car operation manual. It contains oil replacement intervals that are associated with operational conditions. There are the important nuances to which every car owner should pay attention. Sometimes drivers see the inter-service interval with a running time of 15 thousand km, but do not take into account the operational conditions of their car, for example:
- frequent cold starts in winter;
- stationary traffic;
- frequent short runs (less than 10 km in winter, less than 15 km in summer);
- driving on dusty roads;
- trailer hauling, driving in mountainous terrain, off-road, etc.
If there are at least two of these conditions, this means that your car automatically falls under the concept “difficult operational conditions” and the oil replacement interval must be reduced at least by half.
2. Do not buy fakes
The car operation manual contains all necessary requirements for the specification of motor oil. In order not to run into counterfeit goods, buy oil in the checked stores or sites.
3. Pay attention to seasonality and «mileage» in driving hours
The most correct is to replace oil seasonally: in autumn and spring.
In many modern cars, the trip computer displays engine operation.
In winter, as a rule, depending on the level of oil quality, the indicator is 200–250 driving hours, and in summer – 250-300 driving hours.
4. Choose a proven and effective replacement method
You can replace oil through the drain plug in the crankcase by yourself, or using special equipment for oil replacement through the opening of the engine oil dipstick.
5. Do not forget to replace the oil filter
The quality of the filter should be checked, ideally it should be original. To avoid mistakes, this must be also done by the professionals.
6. Address to the checked service provider
Timely oil replacement allows you to maintain the engine in good condition and extends its motor capacity.